Sunday 27 February 2011

Colouring Croc






I found that layering the scales in shadows or places where the body would naturally curve, helps to create depth.




I changed his design slightly since pre production. I liked that he was curved and had a smooth edge because it made him sympathetic to the female characters. I've made him slightly thicker in the chest so that he looks stronger. I also started playing with colour schemes. He is reptilic so I looked a lizard colourings. I kept to the darker more alligator colour scheme than anything too bright as he is supposed to be dark and menacing. I then played with different scaly textures. I think the lighter green attempt is the most successful. I think it is in keeping with the colour scheme I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment