Sunday, 14 October 2012

Genie's Back

The first post I wrote on this blog was for the background project that centred around the Genie character I made for my BA first year project, character exploration. Now on the masters, she's back. This is one of the most promising ideas for the project this year. It's an idea I have had for a while. I experimented further with the idea of creating putting more texture into the illustrator images.I managed to open the illustrator image in photoshop with individual layers which I couldn't yesterday (possibly as I was so tired.) This made colouring easier as I could isolate parts of the drawing easier and more acuratly. I like the outcome but I think I may have gone a little overboard with the chalk brushes I downloaded yesterday, but at least I am a little more aware of what they are capable of now. I wanted more of a Mary Blair or an Eren Blanquet Unten look for the colouring but I just missed. Oh, well its all trial and error.

No comments:

Post a Comment